Volunteering at Babes
At Babes, we welcome passionate volunteers who believe in our cause and are able to share their time and skills. We create a supportive and collaborative environment, where every volunteer is valued and empowered to share their expertise and inspired to develop their skills.
Service based volunteers like our trained and dedicated helpliners support our 24/7 helpline for pregnant teenagers and their families needing support and resources. Our helpline is manned solely by trained volunteers.
Skills based volunteering at Babes is usually ad-hoc and irregular in nature as the teenage girls we support is on a one-to-one basis. The minimum period of commitment depends on the assignment involved.
Kick start a meaningful volunteer experience today by signing up as a Babes Volunteer!
BefriendingBefrienders must be at least 25 years old, preferably with parenting knowledge. Our befriender pool is usually kept fairly small as we need befrienders who are able to commit the time (e.g. available during the weekdays). Commitment period is a minimum of 6 months.
Skill-based and Ad-hoc VolunteeringWe are always on the lookout for volunteers who are happy to share their skills and resources. From conducting workshops, copywriting stories of our service-users, advising us on the latest IT/HR practices and organising fundraising activities, we welcome such support. More often than not, we need ad-hoc volunteers to support us in administrative tasks and in-kind donations sorting.
HelplinerOur 24/7 hour helpline needs passionate volunteers to provide much-needed support and information to callers.
Babes Volunteer Journey
For more information about our volunteer policies and guidelines, you may refer to our Volunteer Handbook.
- Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Respond to enquiries via our 24/7 hotline.
- Assure the girls that they are not alone, and Babes is here to journey with them during this difficult period of their life.
- Provide quality information and support in an empathic and professional approach and clarify any doubts and answer their inquiries.
- At least 21 years old
- Able to commit to a one/two-week rotational basis during the Assignment Period (at least 6 months)
- Strong listening and communication skills, with empathy and the ability to communicate complex and sensitive issues with ease.
- Able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality sensitively and appropriately.
To register your interest to be a Babes helpliner, click here.
Thank you so much for your willingness to support our cause! We will update volunteer opportunities on our website and on Facebook when we have them available so stay tuned. Do follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay connected with us on our happenings.
You can also subscribe to our newsletter here.
We welcome collaborations with organisations, corporates or groups, in several ways, including but not limited to: Volunteering with our existing programs such as delivering necessities to our service-users or events; Self-initiated projects for our service-users such as fundraising activities, sponsorships, workshops, outings, etc.
For internships, fundraising, students fulfilling their CIP/VIA requirements, CSR initiatives and/or Partnership opportunities, drop us a line at email@example.com and see if we can find a good fit!